Who We Are
This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried on by LowCost LetterBox, a trading style of Arjant Limited. Arjant Limited is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business. Our principal address is 95 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 7ST, United Kingdom.
What Information We Collect From You
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last names, date of birth, telephone number, postal and email addresses, or your business ("business information"), including name of business, registration information, trading address and other individuals who are connected to your business. In addition, to help create and maintain a trusted environment, we collect and store identity verification information (such as images of your passport, national ID card) or other authentication information.
When you add another user to your services ("additional user"), we will request personal information about that individual. We will also request personal information about other individuals who are connected to your business. You should obtain consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as online search made for similar services. For more information, please see our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Your Information
We use information about you and your business for the following general purposes:
- to provide you with the products and services you request
- to verify your identity in compliance with Know Your Customer ("KYC") requirements
- to provide you with service and subscription renewal notifications or confirmations
- to manage your account
- to communicate with you in general
- to respond to your questions and comments
- to evaluate interest in and improve our products, services and website
- to notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you
- to otherwise customize your experience with this website
- to reward you as part of any reward and recognition program you choose to join
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Communications About Your Service
We will contact you with information relevant to the operation and maintenance of your services, including updated information about how we process your personal information, by a variety of means including via email, text message, post and/or telephone. If at any point in the future you change your contact details you should tell us promptly about those changes.
Unless you have told us that you do not want to hear from us, we will send you relevant marketing information, including details of other products or services provided by us or our business partners which we believe may be of interest to you, by mail, phone, email, text and other forms of electronic communication.
If you change your mind about how you would like us to contact you or you no longer wish to receive this information, you can tell us at any time by contacting us at 0207 183 6201.
Who Do We Share Your Information With
We may share your information with the following entities:
Service agents - the service centre at which we prodide you with your selected products and services. Only limited information such as your first name, surname, business name and service details is shared with our service agents for the provision of your services.
Business partners - with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
Companies within our corporate family - we may share your personal information within our corporate family to offer other products and services that may be of interest to you.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
By providing you with products or services, we create records that contain your information, such as customer account records and activity records. Records can be held on a variety of media (physical or electronic) and formats.
We manage our records to help us to serve our customers well (for example for operational reasons, such as dealing with any queries relating to your services) and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Records help us demonstrate that we are meeting our responsibilities and to keep as evidence of our business activities.
It is our legal obligation to retain your information for five years after your service comes to an end. If however, you have not subscribed to our products or services and the information you provided was merely for inquiry purposes, you may request us to delete your information from our records, either by email or post. We will erase your information within 72 hours of receiving your written request.
How We Protect Your Information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to subscribe to our products and services, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How You Can Access Your Information
You can access and update your contact information by logging in to your account at the top-right of this website. You may also send an email request to access or update your information. We will update your information within 72 hours, or respond to your access request within 30 days, of receiving such request in writing, either by email or post.
You may excercise any of the rights described herein by sending a written request either by email or post. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Access and update - You can access and update your contact information via the secured client login section of this website. You may also ask us to send you a copy of the personal information we hold or update them for you.
Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete information - You can ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information which you cannot update yourself via the secured client login section of this website.
Data retention and erasure - We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information during the provision of the services to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and terminate your service. In this case your information will be erased within 72 hours. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety within 5 years in accordance with applicable legislation.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations within 5 years in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Because we maintain the services to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time (no more then 3 months).
Withdrawing consent and restriction of processing - You may request us to restrict processing your personal information if you believe that:
- any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate
- we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided, but you require the information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- we are not using your information in a lawful manner
Please note that if you request us to restrict processing your information, we may have to suspend the operation of your services we provide to you.
Objection to processing - You have a right to object to us processing your personal information (and to request us to restrict processing), unless we can demonstrate compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing, which may override your own interests or where we need to process your information to investigate and protect us or others from legal claims.
Depending on the circumstances, we may need to restrict or cease processing your personal information altogether, or, where requested, delete your information. Please note that if you object to us processing your information, we may have to suspend the operation of your services we provide to you.
How You Can Contact Us
You can contact us by the following ways;
- Phone - 0207 183 6201
- Email - email@example.com
- Post - 95 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 7ST, United Kingdom