We, as a licensed mail forwarding and virtual office service provider in the UK, are required by law (Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (AML) and The London Local Authorities Act 2007) to ensure our clients submit appropriate proof of identity, address and business(if applicable) documents prior to using our address services.
We require proof of ID, address and business documents for the following services:
- Personal Mailbox Address - Proof of ID and address only
- Business Mailbox Address
- Virtual Office
- Registered Office
- Company Formation with and without Registered Office facilities
- Serviced Offices
We do not require proof of ID, address and business documents for the following services
- Meeting Rooms
- Hot Desks and Day Office Services
- Telephone Answering Services
Who Should Submit Proof Of ID And Address
- All individuals, including mailbox sharers for whom mail is to be received, held or forwarded.
- All owners and partners of Sole Trader and Partnership businesses.
- All Directors of a company.
- All Shareholders who owns more than 25% of a company.
- All persons with significant control of a business (PSC).
- All other individuals of a business who wish to receive and have mail forwarded to them.
Who Should Submit Business Documents:(if already registered and/or trading)
- Limited Companies (LTD)
- Limited Partnerships (LLP)
Acceptable Documents And Format
All documents should either be in English or accompanied by English translation by an Official Sworn Translator.
Proof of Photo Identity
- Driving Licence
- National Identity Card
- HM Forces Identity Card
- A current Student Card
- Employment Identification Card
- Disabled Drivers Blue Pass
Proof of Address
At least one required. Must be less than 3 months old and show name and address
- Utility bill (Gas, Electricity, Water, etc.)
- Telephone bill - excluding mobile bill
- Bank / Building Society statement (includes credit card/ store card bill. Internet printouts must be certified by the bank)
- Mortgage statement
- Council Tax bill
- Valid Insurance certificate
- TV licence
- Pay slip / P45 / P60 statement
- HM Revenue and Customs Notice of Coding
- Student hall of residence agreement or other proof of accommodation
Proof of Business - not required for sole traders
All required, if already registered as LTD, LLP or Partnership, etc.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Registered or Principal address of the business (HMRC, Companies House Letter, etc.)
- Current trading address of the business, if different from Registered address (Business bank statement or utility bill showing the business name). Must be less than 3 months old
- For companies registered outside the UK, company registration document must include directors and shareholders with more than 25% ownership of the business.
How To Submit Documents
JPEG or PDF files only. File name should not be more than 25 characters. Non-UK clients must submit certified documents. See below for how to obtain certified copies of your documents.
JPEG or PDF files only. Non-UK clients must submit certified documents. See below for how to obtain certified copies of your documents.
Certified copies only. See below for how to obtain certified copies of your documents.
Submit original documents at our Head Office at 95 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 7ST.
How To Obtain Certified Documents
UK and EU Residents
- The Post Office
- Civil Servant
- Minister of Religion
- Chartered Accountant
- Solicitor or Notary
- Teacher or Lecturer
We will require your documents to be certified by a Public Notary who may be a Lawyer or Justice-of-Peace.
Certification must contain the words "Certified to be true copies of the original seen by me" and clearly show the certifier's name, address, contact number, profession, signature, date and official stamp.
As part of your service registration, you agree to submit relevant documents to confirm your identity and relationship to the business. Thoguh we send regular reminders, it is your responsibility to provide the required documents for verification within 4 weeks of your service purchase. Any mail received during this period will not be released prior to us accepting your documents. Should you not provide the required documents within the time given, we reserve the right to terminate your service without further notice.